The book Like Water for Chocolate is full of creative themes and ideas that can be expounded on. Of particular notice is the theme of magic. Throughout the book, Tita conveys her emotions through those who eat her cooking. She also sees various ghosts, including Dr. Brown's grandmother and Mama Elena. The idea of love is so foreign to Tita that perhaps it becomes like a fantasy, and so the world around her seems to channel this. The concepts of love and tradition also play important roles. While Tita loves Pedro, family tradition dictates that she must stay with her mother until she dies. Likewise, the feelings of racism that are tide to tradition create love troubles. These create a circle of more tradition preventing more love.
On a note for the college essay, I have not done too much. The exercises in class were very helpful, but I don't feel that they are appropriate for a college essay intro. Instead of saying, "I am a unique writer", it says (to me), "I am sense-obsessive". However, I do trust Ms. Falk's judgement in the appropriateness of these essay starters. Also, I am at a miss as to what else to include in my paper. Essentially, I have not written a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment